Monday, March 17, 2014

Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" Value Set

Hola my peeps :) So after my 6 month long hiatus from buying makeup I may have gone a bit overboard but that's cool, more stuff for me share with you guys....right (insert audio of you all patting my back while telling me its okay). Anyways, I love lip products, so lets get right into it.
Because I am a lip product junkie, I love bundle items like this that let me sample multiple  items/brands at once. Not only can I sample brands that I may have avoided thus far, but I can really get a feel for the product before throwing down an exorbitant amount of cash for a silly lip product
images

What: Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" Value Set
How Much : $25 USD (online)
Products included :                      Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment 
                                                             Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink
                                                            Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly
                                                            NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight
                                                       Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb
                                                          Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Glitzy
lip samples
(Swatches in same order as listed above)

Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment ($22.50) -Very nice "high end" lip balm. It gives you the perfect sheer, supple, red tint to your lips without going overboard. The consistency is slightly waxy/buttery and the product has a very pleasant "clean/lemon" smell. However, BEWARE, due to the chemical makeup of the product (or lack of chemicals) this product melts ridiculously fast, don't leave it in the sun or your pocket for that matter. If I was looking for a fancy "chapstick" I would definitely buy this.
Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Pink ($24)- This is a very sheer gloss that left me with a SLIGHT milky/peachy sheen on my lips. I did not find it to be sticky, tacky or slimy at all. I has a slight sweet (vanilla?) scent to it so keep that in mind when testing this product. Overall I really like this product however for the price and the lack of color, I will not be running to the store to buy the full size tube anytime soon.
Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly ($22.50)- A very nice mauve color with a slight hint of shimmer. The consistency is on the thicker end and it is tacky. Buxom products usually promise to be long-lasting so the tackiness definitely helps with this. There is a minty smell and feel to the product which helps with the illusion of fuller and poutier lips, but don't worry, the tingly feeling is short lived and not irritating. I have multiple Buxom lipgloss' and I adore all of them.
NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight ($24)- Synonymous with Kim Kardashian, this product is exactly what I thought it would be: sheer and milky. Like the Laura Mercier gloss, there wasn't much color pay off but I did like the smooth texture of the gloss. However unlike the Laura Mercier this gloss did have a slight chemical based smell, which I mean is manageable but still prevalent. Overall, I think this would be a great gloss to put over a nude lip color, but I don't see myself running to buy this color.
Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Rhubarb ($24)- I have never tried any Bite Beauty products so this one really caught me off guard. What a wonderful lip product! Following the trend of twist up jumbo pencil lip products this is a twist up matte lip stick that feels very comfortable on the lips and lasts a decent amount of time. The color is beautiful deep rose/red shade which I found made me look more tanner then I really was but on my sister (who is much lighter then I) it really accented her porcelain skin. Great product, definitely would buy!
 Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Glitzy ($24)- I am a huge fan of the entire TARTE Insurgence line and this product is just another in a line of great products. With its signature minty taste and smell, this product glides on smoothly and the color is very similar to the Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Balm, but with a slight sheen/shimmer kick. Just a great everyday lip color to throw on while running out the door.
Overall: Well worth the $25 USD. Yes there were some definite hits and misses but then again that was due to my own personal preference. So if you have not already bought/tried this product...go on....go and get you some lip by Sephora :)

No comments:

Post a Comment